Every New Year comes and people all over the world resolve to achieve a slew of self-improvement goals. Each year one of the top-10 New Year’s resolutions, if not the number one resolution, is to improve health. While many of us will focus on losing weight, one health-related resolution you may not have considered is to improve your smile! A great smile can improve confidence and help you leave a lasting first impression.
Why to Improve Your Smile
Resolving to improve your smile in the New Year can have multiple benefits. A great smile can:
- Make you look younger
- Yellowing teeth come with age, don’t let your smile give away how old you really are
- Boost your confidence
- A beautiful smile can make a world of difference in leaving a great first impression, have the confidence of knowing your smile will always impress
- Oral health
- Your teeth can signify health problems, and a crooked or yellowing smile may actually contribute to worsened oral and overall health. Working with your dentist and orthodontist to improve your smile this year can actually also improve your health!
Easy Ways to Improve Your Smile
You can help to transform your smile this year with a few steps without a dental professional. Some tips include:
- Eat fruits and vegetables
- Antioxidants and nutrients found in fruits and vegetables help to keep your teeth strong and fight periodontal disease. Crisp fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots, and celery can help to clean plaque from your teeth and help to freshen breath.
- Limit alcohol intake
- Excessive alcohol consumption can lead to increased gum recession and poorer overall oral health
- Quit tobacco
- Tobacco use can harm your health in a number of ways, but it can take a serious toll on oral health resulting in discoloration, gum recession, gum disease and recession
- Perfect your daily routine
- Brushing at least twice and day and flossing once per day can have a dramatic effect on your smile if you’re not already doing so daily
Professional Dental Makeovers
Another way to transform your smile this year is through Dr. Marc S. Wright. There are a variety of affordable treatments to consider to whiten and straighten your teeth. A consultation with Dr. Marc S. Wright will help you to determine the best options.
Get the confidence and health benefits of a beautiful smile this year! It is an achievable resolution with multiple benefits for you and your wellbeing. Dr. Marc S. Wright and his team are here to help you with you with your smile goals. Call us today to learn more about how you can have your own million dollar smile this year.